Date:04/05/2019 - 05/05/2019
Time:12:00 am - 8:00 pm
ID Required: No
ONLINE TICKET SALES NOW CLOSED
BUT YOU CAN PAY ON THE DOOR
Return To Your Roots Festival 2019 is a two-day celebration of natural hair, beauty and wellness. The festival embraces African/Caribbean culture and heritage. Day 1 – Saturday 4th – Natural Hair and Beauty – Shining a light on UK talent Day 2 – Sunday 5th – Health and Wellness – taking responsibility, preventing illness A family occasion full of positive vibes and high energy. If you missed last year, then you don’t want to miss this one!!! Come and share in the celebration, fellowship and fun at Return To Your Roots Festival 2019 This is a two day, cultural festival for those loving all things natural. A weekend of celebration, embracing Natural Hair, Beauty, Health & Wellness. Day 1 – Saturday 4th – Natural Hair and Beauty
- Untangled – Kameese Davis – Nylah Naturals
- My Kinky Hair Can (11 – 16) W/S – CurlyGalChlo – Content Creator
- What do we mean by natural? – Kadian Pow – Bourn Beautiful
- Scalp conditions & hair loss – Stephanie Sey, Harley St, Trichologist
- What do you know about Sisterlocks? – Sisterlocks Ambassador – Juliette Bucknor
- Styling tips for Loose Naturals – Design Essentials Natural Team, Platinum Sponsor
- Special Guest – loctician,Stylist/trainer – Rena Smith, Blaque 2 Natural Salon
- UK Celebrity Barber & Stylist – Derek De’Cutter Clement
- Don’t bully to buy black – Dominique Lescott – hair popp!
- Loving my Hair – Sheryl Richards – My Children’s Books
Fashion Show – 4 African Designers
- Fola Oworu – Flakies Fashion | Joy Baines – Artsfro
- Ajaa Sanyang – Barakawax | Victoria Sappor – Velvet Touch Fashions
Entertainment by: Italo Skarcha, Carol Brewster, Chevelle Heavens, Sue Brown,
Day 2 – Sunday 5th – Health and Wellness
- Healthy Finances – Paul Lawrence – Jus Tickets
- Effective Branding – Vee Roberts – Insight2marketing
- Live Healing foods – Raw Kay
- The 5 Keys – Holistic Health for African/Caribbean Women – Leah Salmon Naturally You Coach
- Black Men’s Health & Vibrations – Vasco Stevenson
- Uncovering Autism & ADHD, The Black child’s perspective – S Rowland – Happyinschool project
- Empowering Women to take action – Le’ Siran Edwards
- Womb Health – Rena Smith
- Growing self-confidence & belief (Teens Workshop 12 – 19yrs) – Teen Girls Networking – Sandra Joseph
- Natural Pain relief – Colin Simms & Carmen Gilfillan
What can you expect? A range of speakers and natural hair experts, stalls, open panel discussions, workshops, demonstrations, films, African influenced fashion show and entertainment. You will leave informed, educated, inspired, entertained, uplifted and empowered.
Come and join in the journey to naturalness and wellness…
- Want to know more about looking after natural hair?
- Interested in improving your health and wellness?
- Looking for useful information and guidance on the above? Well look no further!
- Find out all you need to know about natural hair & beauty, experience product demonstrations, get easy maintenance and styling tips.
- Get useful advice and tips about improving your health, using natural remedies to prevent illness and improve all round wellness.
- Tickets: SAT & SUN – £15 each day (includes booking fee)
- Weekend ticket: Sat & Sun – £24 (includes booking fee)
Under 16s – Free
Amazing stalls: Support small and growing businesses ££££ African clothes/fabrics, Jewellery, books, natural hair and beauty products, massage therapy, health and wellness products and much more… Book your tickets today! https://jus-tickets.com/events/roots-festival-2019/
More detailed information regarding speakers and workshops nearer the time
Monday 6th & 7th May 2019 – Locs Master Class
This course will be delivered by Rena Smith – If you are interested in securing a place you must book prior to the class.. • Want to learn how to start, style and maintain locs and earn full/part-time income? • Want to improve your locking skills? • Turning away clients requesting loc styles? Why? Just learn the techniques • Want to grow your client base by extending your service offer Lots more information to follow watch this space!!!! For more information contact: Khembe Clarke – 07886305842 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.returntoyourroots.com
Bookings are closed for this event.