Time:12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
ID Required: No
Lunch & Learn for (BADASS) Authors!
Step-by-step help while you write your first book
Are you a new author working on or planning your first book who feels
- Low in confidence
- Confused about the best route to publishing your book?
Do you want to improve the overall chances of your book’s success?
How about falling in love with the journey to writing and publishing your book?
YES? YES? YES?
Then join us for Lunch & Learn—a monthly lunchtime meetup organised by the Editor’s Chair to help new authors nail this book writing thing. It could be just what you need!
The next event takes place on Thursday 28 November 2019, 12 to 2:30pm, at The Cow Westfield, Stratford City, E20.
Come along to
- Enjoy a delicious lunch in the company of other visionaries writing a first book.
- Nail solutions to your book writing and publishing anxieties during our short talk and Q&A.**
- Experience a more collaborative, supportive and educational way to write and publish your book, with lots of fantastic solutions you can apply right away.
We’ve created this unique space to help demystify the pathway to writing and publishing a marketable book — so you never feel alone.
It’s all about getting you writing and keeping you going, plus: How to inject LIFE into your writing!
Discover how to
- Create energy and movement
- Inject emotion and connection
- Create strong imagery
Plus, one lucky author gets to sit in the Hot Seat where we unpick their book problem on the spot (it could be you!).
Secure your seat today to become a better skilled, motivated and informed author.
Lunch & Learn is hosted by Denise Roberts, founder of the Editor’s Chair. She is joined by different guest speakers each month depending on our theme topic.
As well as the founder of the Editor’s Chair, Denise is also a trained journalist, commissioning editor and publishing consultant with 22 years in the industry.
On her way to preparing to serve you she has
- Worked for a literature development agency to help support new writing talent.
- Worked as an editor and journalist for several publishing organisations.
- Taught journalism to undergraduates at Goldsmiths University.
- Spoken at the Marie Claire International Editor’s Conference in Paris and the London Publishing Expo.
- Studied on the LCP’s Masters in Publishing programme.
- And (most importantly) answered her God-given call to supporting you with an emphatic – YES!
Authors attending Lunch & Learn who would like more personalised help with their books will be able to book a one 2 one coaching session with Denise Roberts following the event.
**We cover a different topic each month, for example: How to write a more marketable book; How to find your perfect book writing rhythm; How the publishing industry really works; The pros and cons of the three main publishing routes and choosing the right one for your book; How to remain fired up and motivated to finish your book; How to market and sell yourself as an author; and much more.
Bookings are closed for this event.