Black British Parent Study and Discussion Group
Online Event Health & Well-Being Repetitive Monthly event
Our focus is to create safe and supportive spaces for BLACK families.
Parenting can be one of the most challenging, as well as rewarding roles in life we’re gifted with.
Black British Parent group meets are sessions for families to reason and support each other, and we can gain a lot from listening to each other too.
By attending Black British Parent meets you acknowledge that our services do not replace the care of psychologists or other healthcare professionals. These meetings are in no way to be construed or substituted as psychological counseling or any other type of therapy or medical advice. We will at all times exercise our best professional efforts, skills and care. However, we cannot guarantee the outcome of efforts and/or recommendations of these sessions. Comments about the outcome are expressions of opinion only. We cannot make any guarantees other than to deliver the services purchased as described.
We hope you find a comfortable spot and join us in our monthly Black British Parent Study and Discussion meets.
Black British Parent
These sessions require active participation, respect and consideration for self and others. All participants will be required to have their cameras on and will be invited for a few moments to introduce themselves. These sessions WILL NOT be recorded for confidentiality and data protection considerations. Any obscene behaviour will result in being removed from the session.
03 Feb 2021
30 Apr 2021
Get your tickets now
Click on a date to book tickets
Reasons to attend:
- break intergenerational cycles
- you acknowledge colonalism and the African Holocaust has had an immense impact on the BLACK family, globally
- you're African and or Caribbean
- you have children
- you have parents
- you're expecting your first child
- you have grandchildren
- you want to talk with other BLACK families
- you can respect perspectives different to your own
- you ackknowledge that there are few culturally sensitive family services avaliable for BLACK families
- this is a safe space for BLACK families
- you want to talk about your experiences
- you want to improve your parenting
- you understand that parenting styles and techniques evolve
- you want an affordable yet valuable family support service
- have some concerns with regards to parenting
- you want to improve your relationships with your children, partner, step-children, etc
- you're child focused
- you want to better yourself for your children